MANAGING SPORTS CLUB: KEY TO SUCCESS IN SPORTS
Putting solid club structure and processes in place is the key to quality management in sports club.
Sports Management is a combination of skills related to planning, organizing, directing, controlling, budgeting, leading and evaluating within the context of a sports organization. Management of a club should be done to obtain quality through the participation of all organisational members, and by aiming at long term success through customer satisfaction and benefits to all members of the organization and society.
Managing a sports club is a daunting task but can be achieved through certain strategies.
- A Sports club needs to focus on the customer. Customer satisfaction is an important principle for the quality management of a sports club.
- Strategic planning needs to be done for the efficient working of a sports club.
- Quality Measurement and Analysis should be done to keep a check for the effective functioning of the club.
- Quality Assurance should be given to the stakeholders and the members within the club.
- Top Management Leadership and Support should be there for the proficient operation of the sports club.
- Employee Training and Teamwork should be there for quality management of a sports club.
Sports Management and Research Institute (SMRI) provide expertise in management. It offers courses such as Certified Sports Manager, PG Diploma in Sports Management and Executive Diploma in Sports Management in order to create sports managers of the highest quality to make India a sports superpower. SMRI’s integrated and applied approach to programme structure and orientation with innovative and research-led learning environment will ensure a bright future for the management of a sports club.