Hybrid Water Sports in India
Hybrid Water Sports League (HWSL) is the new adventure of Synergians and SMRI (Sports and Management Research Institute) to Make India number one. HWSL consists of games such as Water Badminton, Water Volleyball, Water Basketball, Water Throwball, Water Tennis, Under Water Hockey and Under Water Wrestling. Now these games are played by many around the world and will become international sporting events soon. More games will be added to the league soon. Hybrid water games are filled with splashing fun, thrill and entertainment. Hybrid water sports are not easy as it seems, but it gives maximum thrill. It’s a great way to exercise for all the family and suitable for swimmers and non-swimmers.
SMRI will introduce Hybrid water sports league in the model of English Premier League. The objectives of HWSL are as follows:
- Introduce and promote hybrid water games in India as an exciting exercise
- Make India a super power in these games, even before these events become international events
- Make these games an employment and business opportunity by creating leagues, tournaments and other hybrid water sports related businesses
Hybrid water sports- great exercise
Hybrid water games are great workout for everyone. Some of the important benefits are as follows.
- Increased Endurance- Water Basketball players can swim up to four kilometers in an one hour game
- Weight Loss- Players can burn up to 700 calories per one hour of play
- Improved Cardiovascular Health and Strength- Players have to exert quite a bit of energy to move against water. This extra resistance from water causes players to push their body against the flow of the water, and combines a cardiovascular workout with a strength workout.
- Easy on Joints- The water act as a cushion on joints and muscles, preventing injury and general aches and pains associated with traditional fitness
- Increased Flexibility & Body Toning- Players are constantly moving every muscle in the legs, buttocks and hips to do the distinctive eggbeater kick.
- Full-body workout – No part of your body sits still during a hybrid water game. You tread water with your legs, contort your body with your core, and you reach, catch, and throw with your arms. Muscle groups throughout your entire body are engaged, and with repeated activity they gain increased strength.
- Healthy Mind- Hybrid water sports cools the body and mind. It boosts spirit, self-esteem, courage and need for human interaction – a boost. The endorphins produced during physical activity relieve stress and increase optimism.
HYBRID WATER SPORTS- BUSINESS
Hybrid Water Sports is a great business opportunity for all. The Hybrid Water Sports League will follow the structure of English Football League System with interconnected leagues, hierarchical format with promotion and relegation between leagues at different levels and club autonomy. The HWSL will give handsome returns to all stakeholders. Apart from the professional league system, there will be different businesses attached to the Hybrid Water Sports. Hybrid Water Sports will offer employment and earnings apart from endurance and entertainment.
SMRI will promote hybrid water sports across the country. The major target areas will be hotels, clubs, schools and flats with swimming pools. Regular tournaments will spread excitement. Regular tournaments will spread excitement
Hybrid Water Sports – Social Benefits
The feasibility studies conducted by SMRI on hybrid water sports forecasts certain social benefits apart from employment, revenue and health benefits. Based on the tickle down effect, the youngsters who don’t have easy accessibility to swimming pools to play hybrid water sports will use the public waterbeds. They will clean and maintain our waterbeds, which presently used as garbage bins. It will lead to environmental and water conservation.
SMRI plans to conduct Hybrid Water Sports Investors and Sports Managers Meet on August 16, 2015 to finalize the business model of HWSL. SMRI will conduct a series of promo game shows in various cities across India to attract investors and sponsors for the Hybrid Water Sports. The first promo game show will happen on July 10, 2015 at 11.00 am at the Jaison’s Fitness Centre, Hotel Renaissance branch, Palarivattam, Ernakulam.
We invite you with your swimwear to feel the splashing fun from Hybrid water sports.