February 16, 2018 - 5:30 pm
February 16, 2018 - 6:30 pm
AddressSMRI, 39/186B, Mahakavi G Road, karikkamuri, Ernakulam 682011 View map
Sports & Management Research Institute (SMRI) brings the time-tested childhood games back to rule your homes and hearts with world’s first ever CHILDHOOD OLYMPICS 2018. These games will take adults to their wonderful childhood and kids will get a chance to enjoy what their parents and grandparents enjoyed most during their childhood.
CHILDHOOLD OLYMPICS is proposed to conduct to promote world peace and to make world a better place to live. Around 6 popular childhood games will be included in the CHILDHOOD OLYMPICS. The advantage of Childhood Olympics is that anyone who wishes to contest can participate. Nothing is a barrier for participation. Childhood Olympics advocates the real spirit of Olympics, ‘the important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part’. CHILDHOOD OLYMPICS 2018 expects around 10,000 contestants from different continents.
OBJECTIVES OF CHILDHOOD OLYMPICS
- Ensure better relations with neighbouring nations through sports diplomacy
- Freedom to Play. Make sporting a basic right and ensure sporting opportunities for all
- Help every refugee to forget their sufferings by engaging in sports
- Promote the childhood games as a gender-free leisure activity for women
- Help the seniors to get back their childhood by playing their favourite childhood games
- Link individuals with families and friends, families with society and societies with stronger sociological system
- Create awareness on child rights across the world and control issues like child abuse, internet abuse, mobile abuse etc.
- Disengage our new generation from mobile/online games by engaging them and their family in good old childhood games.
- Transcend linguistic and socio-cultural differences and bring people together
- Tic Tac Toe (Nirakali)
- Pick-up Sticks (Earkil kali)
- Nine Men’s Morris (Onpathu nira)
- Dots (connecting dots)
- Go-Moku (Five in a row)
Details will be shared soon!!!